I'm not much of a cook- I find it very tedious! But I don't mind spending the effort on these burgers.
They do take some time to prepare but the have to be the tastiest vegetarian burgers I've ever had. Even my non vegetarian friends like them and they're great for BBQ's.
Korma Courgette and Chickpea Burgers
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1oz butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium courgettes, finely diced
- 225g/8oz carrots, grated
- 400g/14oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3oz wholemeal bread crumbs
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 2 tblsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 medium egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fry onion in the butter for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, courgette and carrots and fry for 5 minuets.
- Blend the chickpeas in a food processor, scrape into a bowl and mix in the cooked vegetables and all remaining ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into burgers.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or until required.
- Fry in a little oil until browed on both sides.